Wrinkled is the New Black
Many people don't feel comfortable wearing wrinkled clothes, and at the same time, they don't like ironing. As a consequence, plastic and chemically treated clothes are using the situation to occupy the majority of the space in our closets. Plastic and toxic clothes are the wrong solution to the problem of ironing. Instead, we propose to accept all our wrinkles, and even be proud of them!
It is imprinted in our perception of the world to disapprove of wrinkled clothing. While we expect that ironed clothing will make us look sharp, neat, and trustworthy, by wearing wrinkled clothes we feel that others perceive us as lazy and negligent.
Likely, your clothes are wrinkled for one of three reasons:
- It is made of natural materials that were not chemically treated;
- You didn't iron your clothes, either because you were lazy, or because you are limiting your footprint by saving energy;
- You ironed your clothes, but, like many other things in nature, your clothes are too wild to be tamed, so they naturally became wrinkled again.
Clothes may have less wrinkles because:
- They are made of polyester, elastane or acrylic, which all are harming your health and the health of the ecosystem around you;
- They are heavily treated by toxic chemicals that prevent wrinkling;
- You have just spent at least 10 minutes leaning over an ironing board (which drained all your energy or, even worse, made you feel frustrated).
It is clear that by Wearing Wrinkled you are both saving the environment, and making yourself happy and healthy.
It is only our perceptions that limit us to only two options: to suffer from the iron in our hands, or to cause suffering by opting for toxic clothes.
So, let's rise up and end this slavery! Let's collectively decide that Wrinkled is the New Black. Let's celebrate people "Wearing Wrinkled" as environmentally conscious, self-confident, smart, and forward-looking. Let's agree that it is acceptable to #WearWrinkled, and not acceptable to pollute.
And yes, you don't have to iron your Ethicuette clothes! It is made to be Worn Wrinkled.